Monday 6 April 2015

Evaluation Question Three: What have you learned from your audience feedback?

Focus Group:
I did a focus group before completing my final music video (main product) in order to get some specific audience feedback so I knew what the strengths and weaknesses of my product were, and what improvements I could make to my third draft to make it final product potential. I got two of my peers to answer some questions I came up with. I knew Emily and Kayleigh would give me truthful and helpful answers due to them studying A2 media too, so they know what is expected from the products, how to work the software used to create my products, specific terminology, etc . They also fit into my target audience, so their responses were beneficial in this way too.
The questions I asked were:

  1. How old are you?
  2. What is your favourite thing about my music video?
  3. What do you think needs the most improvement or development?
  4. Is there anything you would change?
  5. Would you watch it again?
  6. How effective do you think my products are together as a promotional package and why?




The feedback I got from this was really helpful and gave me direction when improving my video. I was happy to take on all the advice Emily and Kayleigh gave me, as well as the feedback I got from other peers and teachers throughout the construction process. The 6 questions I asked gave me the right amount of feedback to enable me to evaluate my third draft and improve it until I was happy enough with it for it to be my final product. From this I then moved on to put together a more detailed survey for feedback on my final promotional package as a whole (digipak, magazine advert and music video)...

Audience Feedback Survey (All Products Together):
I put together a survey in relation to my promotional package on surveymonkey.com. I inlcuded pictures of my ancillary texts and a link to my music video for audiences to view before completing the survey. I also posted the survey on social media platforms Facebook and Twitter, as well as sending a link to it on a group inbox I made of a more specific target audience, and embedding it on my blog. Examples of these are shown below...





Audience Feedback Survey (Results):
Below is the powerpoint/slideshare I have created which shows the results of my audience feedback survey and what I have learnt from the responses to each question.



Audience Feedback From Planning & Research Stage:
During the planning and research stage I ensured I gained audience feedback and research to help me in the construction process of my promotional package. I wanted to be certain that my products would be effective and appealing to my target audience. Examples of the research I did/feeback I got are below...

Blog Poll:












Survey:












Target Audience Q&A:

Demographics:













All of this research was extremely helpful and gave me beneficial feedback so I could make my promotional package as effective and appealing as possible. I followed all the advice given throughout the research/planning stage, I even got peer and teacher feeback throughout my coursework, so I was happy to adapt and change my products if others felt it could be improved in certain ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment